Ever been in an emergency response situation where you need multiple pieces of equipment collected and transported to site in a hurry?
Do you keep getting calls in the middle of the night with news of emergency response call-outs? Rushing to collect the components you think you might need, requiring multiple vehicles and the staff to drive them. Then the call from site that they are missing a vital piece of equipment, and require the deployment of yet another vehicle, smashing your budget and raising your blood pressure more than you would like?
Burst water main urgent call-out at midnight Monday night requires a mobile pump with a mobile generator and lights.
A two week project of night-time tunnelling on a busy road requires again, a transportable pump with a generator, lighting tower, and a compressor
Repairs to damaged stormwater pipes on Thursday, delayed until after hours due to high traffic area means a pump, some heavy tools and the power to drive them, perhaps a trailer-mounted generator, and some kind of safe night lighting to carry out the works.
Collapsed footpath on Friday needs generator and compressor, might need a pump but will need to assess when you get to the site.
Coordinating equipment to each site and vehicle can become problematic, along with the amount of staff required to get all this gear to the site. Sometimes there are so many staff onsite juts to get equipment there – you wonder if you should just employ taxi drivers instead of operators!
What if there was a multi-purpose emergency response trailer, that could be hooked up to ONE vehicle?
Here’s where the new Lampo Emergency Response Trailer comes in, designed to speed up and simplify the deployment of emergency response equipment for municipalities, emergency services and contractors.
The Lampo is equipped with customisable options covering the 4 most used requirements:
- LIGHTING TOWER 6m high, guaranteed enough light to operate in safety during the night – powered by the onboard generator
- ELECTRICITY GENERATOR 3x400V and 230V both available, for various electric tools, 3-phase or single-phase – diesel driven with an additional variable frequency drive
- AIR COMPRESSOR for pneumatic tools such as impact wrenches, grinders, cutters, hammers
- A rugged and reliable Gorman-Rupp MOBILE PUMP unit with customisable capability for cleaning and draining, during and after the operation
- An optional HYDRAULIC POWER PACK to power hydraulic tools required, to avoid the use of electrical tools near wetted areas
The Lampo also comes with a discharge hose reel, suction hoses and a robust mounted toolbox fitted to the trailer. The trailer is an Australian heavy-duty built hot-dip galvanized double axel trailer.
The cleverly designed unit can light up a work area while operators set up the self-priming pump or operate numerous electric tools from the power generator. The VFD allows for soft starting electrical equipment, including the pump, and can vary the speeds of these machines to suit the duty at hand. While all this is happening, the compressor can be driving air nibblers, air-operated nail guns, wrenches or tyre inflators.
TALK TO AN EXPERT:
(02) 9898 1800