Bathurst Regional Council
Ragazzini Peristaltic Pumps reducing hose maintenance time and costs at the Bathurst Water Treatment Plant
A chance meeting led David Cashen WIOA Operator of the Year and Supervisor of the Bathurst Water Treatment Plant to our stand at the 2018 Tamworth WIOA conference where we were demonstrating a Ragazzini Peristaltic pump.
Bathurst WTP had two peristaltic pumps transferring carbon slurry for use in the plant’s treatment process.
The slurry is abrasive, so hoses needed replacing once or twice per year. The hose changes were exceedingly messy. The pump casings needed to be filled with lubricating fluid because of the “shoe on hose” design.
In the event of a hose failure, a mixture of carbon slurry and lubricating oil resulted in a mammoth mess to clean-up, inside and outside of the peristaltic pump.
Hose replacements and the consequential cleanup of carbon mixed with lubricating oil could take days, and David also had the cost of the expensive lubrication fluid and hose costs to replace each time.
Once David had been shown the features and benefits of the Ragazzini peristaltic pumps, he was convinced he had found the answer to his messy hose changing issues.
They absolutely love the Ragazzini pumps! The hoses have lasted so much longer than expected and the retractable roller has made it all so easy.
Two Ragazzini model MSO peristaltic pumps were supplied. One pump has now been operating since July 2018, running continuously for up to 18-20 hours per day in the hotter periods, and at a recent inspection in April 2019, there had been no hose failure or need to change out the original hose.
David Cashen’s expectations have been more than realised with a clean and reliable system to pump the carbon slurry, and a hose life that is up to 9 months and still going.
The initial outlay has also been validated by the cost savings in downtime and clean-up time, reliability, reduced hose replacement and all-around efficiency.
A very effective peristaltic pump solution!
A number of enhancements over other brands which make Ragazzini Peristaltic Pumps highly reliable, easy to service and maintain:
- A design that eliminates the need for lubricating oil, and reduces friction on hoses, extending hose life.
- An automatic retractable roller system for easy maintenance, hose change over and to take pressure off hoses during pump rest periods.
- A leak detector which automatically stops the pump when a hose fails and sends an alarm, minimising product loss.
- No lubricating oil in pump chamber; no mess or potential contamination of pumped product or surrounding area in the event of a hose failure. No lubricating oil greatly simplifies hose change-outs.
- Choice of 7 different hoses to suit your product.
- Duties from 1 L/hour up to 180,000 L/hour, operating pressures up to 15 bar.
Ragazzini Rotho Peristaltic Pumps are at the cutting edge of the “Hose Pump” design and have the features to make pumping easier. They consist of an elastomeric tube that is squeezed along its length by rollers that push the fluid contained within. This feature makes the pump easy to maintain and last longer. Ragazzini pumps are very easy to access for monitoring and maintenance making it safer for operators.
Ragazzini Peristaltic Pump are at the cutting edge of “Hose Pump” design and have the features to make pumping easier. They consist of an elastomeric tube that is squeezed along its length by rollers that push the fluid contained within. This creates a gentle pumping action that doesn’t cause damage to the product. Further advantages include:
- Handle a range of applications including food products, abrasives, chemicals and solids
- High performance including pressures to 15 BAR, reversible flow, and suction lifts
- Easy maintenance including easy hose replacement and easy leak detection
- CIP with retractable rollers
- Greater operator safety
- Easy access for monitoring or service
- A variety of hose materials to handle food, pharmaceuticals, abrasive and/or corrosive fluids
Our Team is available to answer your pump query within the hour
Hydro’s experts are standing by to help you get the best pump, aerators and genuine spare parts for your specific project.
(02) 9898 1800
Monday – Friday
9am – 5pm
Hydro Innovations is proud to distribute a broad range of quality, reliable and industry-leading industrial pumps and aerators.
We are also delighted to share that Hydro Innovations is proud to be the exclusive distributor of Gorman-Rupp Pumps.
Gorman-Rupp is the world leader in self-priming centrifugal wastewater pump technology, and invests heavily in R&D, and in training for their international representatives – like Hydro Innovations.
This puts us in an excellent position to make the very best recommendations for our Australian customers.
Our other suppliers, Ragazzini of Italy and EDUR of Germany, are also world leaders in their respective technologies (Peristaltic Pumps – Ragazzini, and Specialist centrifugal pumps – EDUR).
We carry a very large inventory of pumps and spare parts for all of these brands, to help us to deliver industry-leading service.