Ramparts P Series Air Driven Diaphragm Pumps
The Ramparts P Series range of single acting air driven diaphragm sludge and slurry pumps take over where other pumps fail. In applications where progressive cavity pumps or lobe pumps wear prematurely or double diaphragm pumps struggle, Ramparts extra heavy duty pumps step up. Advantages include:
- Advanced DRC (separate) Controllers
- Self priming to 6 metres
- Handle slurries to 70% solids by volume
- Superior solids handling design
- Run Dry indefinitely
- Dead-head without damage
- Re-build pumps for 15% of their purchase price (not 80% like some PD pumps)
- Improved maintenance features to greatly reduce maintenance time and costs
- A variety of materials of construction to handle abrasive and/or corrosive fluids, including a variety of diaphragm materials and pump linings
- Automatic filter press feed control options
- Flows to 1200 litres per minute with models from 1½” through to 6”
- Heads to 65m
P Series – Special Features
The rugged construction and extra-thick pump casing of Gorman-Rupp Air Driven Diaphragm pumps stand up to the abuses of the most demanding sludge and slurry applications. They overcome the “high wear” problem commonly found in double diaphragm and progressive cavity pumps. They are capable of operating dry, on suction lifts up to 6 metres, and handling high solids content up to approximately 70%. Depending on the pump model you choose, Gorman-Rupp Air Driven Diaphragm pumps will handle solids up to 100mm in diameter.. They are designed to handle heavy sludges and slurries in the most hostile environments. These include steel mills, paper mills, mines, chemical plants, food processing plants, refineries, wastewater facilities and hundreds of other applications where other pumps struggle.
|Efficient Air Cylinder Design|
Air is applied uniformly on top of the diaphragm which causes less resistance than spring-operated cylinders. This reduces stress on the diaphragm. The result is longer diaphragm life, reduced air consumption which saves money over the life of the pump, quieter operation and virtual elimination of muffler icing.
Air Driven Diaphragm pumps have only three moving parts so maintenance and service are minimal. Replacement of pump diaphragm can be accomplished in about one hour without disconnecting piping. Check valves can also be quickly and easily cleaned out using “twist lok” handles. No special tools required.
Heavy Duty Diaphragm Pump