The Gorman-Rupp G Series range of self priming positive displacement rotary gear pumps is designed to provide superior performance in the transfer of process fluids, unmatched in the industry. Available in Medium-Duty , Heavy-Duty and Extreme-Duty (abrasive service) models, gear pump materials include cast iron, cast steel and stainless steel. G Series self priming pumps are manufactured with unique features that enable them to perform better and last longer on countless applications, providing quality and reliability that make the G Series the premier gear pump in the industry. These features include:
- An automatic idler pin lubrication system uses the pumped fluid to continuously cool and lubricate the idler pin and bush to reduce wear in this area.
- An internal seal cavity venting system provides a continuous flow of liquid through the seal area, ensuring cooling and reducing pressure. This reduces seal face load, increasing seal life.
- A deep “end-feed” area offers superior priming performance under low inlet pressure conditions and/or high viscosity liquids.
- Easy to service
- Viscosities to 440,000 cSt
- Pressures to 20.7 bar (300 psi)
- Flows to 2200 litres per minute
- Handle a variety of liquids , including highly viscous, high temperature and abrasive fluids
- Widest range of sealing options in the industry
- High strength gear material eliminates the need for special steel fittings traditionally needed for viscous applications.
- Widest range of housing ports
- Widest range of bushing materials
G Series Gear Pump – Special Features
|Deep End Feed Area Deep end feed area decreases the Net Inlet Pressure Required by the gear pump, which in turn, allows pumps to run at faster speeds. Smaller gear pumps with direct drive motors can therefore be used where “traditional” rotary gear pumps would need to be bigger with gear boxes. This feature also offers superior priming performance.|
|Automatic Idler Pin Lubrication System Gorman-Rupp’s unique internal pressure lubricated idler pin reduces wear by continuously cooling and lubricating the idler pin and bushing.|
|Internal Seal Vent Gorman-Rupp’s seal cavity venting system provides a continuous flow of liquid through the cavity, ensuring cooling. This system also ensures that the seal cavity is under lower pressure than “conventional” pumps, reducing seal face load and increasing seal life.|
|Back Pull-Out Design The back pull-out design allows service and maintenance without disconnecting gear pump housing from piping. Servicing is therefore faster and more cost effective.|
|Adjustable No-Leak Pressure Relief Valve Gorman-Rupp’s O-Ring seal design on the relief valve allows for adjustment during operation, without leakage. This means a safer and cleaner environment for operators|
|Flexible Seal Design Gorman-Rupp heavy duty gear pumps allow for the most flexible sealing arrangements in the industry. They are engineered to allow installation of “industry standard” cartridge seals as well as a full array of Gorman-Rupp packing, lip seal and mechanical seal options.|
G Series Gear Pump – Overview
How a Gorman-Rupp Rotary Gear Pump Works