Learn why the Ultra V Series pumps are the most advanced self priming wastewater and sewages pumps on the market.
Ultra V Self Priming Pump Overview
The Ultra V Series solids-handling, self-priming centrifugal pumps offer up to three times the pressure and up to 60% more flow.
- Available in a variety of pump station configurations or stand-alone in 3”, 4”, and 6” sizes.
- The superior solids-handling and increased pressure capabilities of the Ultra V Series pumps make them ideally suited for a variety of industrial and sewage applications.
See how the Ultra V Series can solve your wastewater needs. Ask Our team »
Submersible Pump vs. Above Ground Gorman-Rupp
Gorman-Rupp above ground pumps are safer, easier to operate and maintain and are more cost effective than a conventional submersible pump system.
With Gorman-Rupp Above ground pumps:
- Installation and maintenance is simple and cost effective
- Only 1 operator is needed to maintain the pump
- No wet well is needed
See how to convert your system to a Gorman-Rupp above ground system. Ask Our team »
Project Showcase: Hazeldene’s Chicken Farm
Food manufacturer looks to Hydro Innovations to solve its wastewater challenge.
In line with their focus on quality, Hazeldene’s were looking for a quality solution for their wastewater pump needs. They needed a pump that was capable of handling all the solids that form part of the wastewater stream in a chicken process plant [like feathers, internals, feet etc], and that was also an extremely reliable self-primer.
Hydro Innovations recommended a V3B60-B, which is part of Gorman-Rupp’s range of Ultra V Series self-priming pumps. Adam Hazeldene, Technical Services Manager, was well aware of Gorman-Rupp’s quality reputation and was keen to see one installed in his wastewater system to solve the problems they were experiencing.
The V3B60 can be easily and safely maintained by one operator without the need for lifting apparatus. No cranes, No harnesses, No work over wet wells, No confined space, No additional staff. One person and two spanners are all that is required.
Ultra V Series Wastewater & Sewage Pump Performance
Effluent to trash and sewage, the Ultra V is trusted across industries.
Flows: 10 l/s – 100 l/s
Heads: 5m – 100m (+)
Solids: 76mm spheres + Stringy
Size: 3″, 4″, 6″
Priming: Guaranteed Re-Primer
Application: Effluent to Trash and Sewage
Ultra V Features
Ultra V has less chokes and blockages, and is easy to maintain:
The heavy-duty balanced, two-vane, semi-open ductile iron impellers provide maximum life. Pump-out vanes on the back shroud reduce foreign material build-up behind the impeller, minimising pressure on the seal and maximising bearing life.
Removable Cover Plate
All Super T series pumps have a large removable cover plate for accessing pump internals for the quick removal of blockages. Check valves, impellers and wear plates can also be replaced through this cover.
Replaceable Wear Plate
A replaceable wear plate has Gorman-Rupp’s patent-pending, self-cleaning design to ensure that debris is cleared away and does not collect on the impeller vanes. This innovative design reduces life cycle costs by minimising blockages.
All Ultra V Series wastewater pumps come standard with anti-rotation ribs within the seal chamber area, reducing internal wear and maximising seal life
Patented External Shim-less Adjustment System
The shim-less cover plate adjustment allows for accurate maintenance of the clearance between the impeller and wear plate, without realigning belts, couplings or other drive components. Once adjustments have been made, the unique collar and adjusting screw maintains the clearance setting even if the cover plate is removed. Peak efficiency is maintained, while doubling the life of the impeller and wear plate. The life of the wear plate is maximised with the combination of the shim-less cover adjustment and the additional rotating assembly spacers.
Patented Cartridge Seal
Gorman-Rupp’s double floating, self aligning, oil-lubricated mechanical seal is specifically designed for abrasive and/or trash handling applications. The silicon carbide faces and extra large seal oil chamber provide superior dry-run capability. The patented cartridge design also allows for accurate and easy installation.
Removable Rotating Assembly
Gorman-Rupp Super T series wastewater pumps are designed with a removable rotating element. This assembly can be removed and replaced in minutes without disconnecting piping or disturbing motor alignment.
Our Team is available to answer your pump query within the hour
Hydro’s experts are standing by to help you get the best pump, aerators and genuine spare parts for your specific project.
(02) 9898 1800
Monday – Friday
9am – 5pm
Hydro Innovations is proud to be the sole distributor of Gorman-Rupp pumps in Australia.
Gorman-Rupp is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of self-priming sewage pumps and wastewater pumping equipment, and has been for more than 75 years. They offer a diverse range of high performance, high-quality, reliable pumps and pumping systems required for lasting service in wastewater pumps, sewage pumps, industrial waste, petroleum, fire and OEM markets. Learn more about Gorman-Rupp and our other partners »
Latest Posts from Hydro Innovations
Checkout the latest in pumping news.
More Pumps, Aerators, and Accessories from Hydro Innovations
The EDUR range of multi-stage centrifugal pumps can deliver flows to 45 litres per second and heads to 300 metres. They are also available in a variety of materials (Cast Iron, All Bronze, All Stainless Steel and Super-Duplex) enabling them to pump corrosive fluids including seawater. These centrifugal pumps are ideal for booster systems, boiler feed and condensate systems, washing plants, water treatment and hardening systems.
Pumps can be close or long-coupled. Advantages include:
- All Iron, All Bronze, All Stainless Steel and Super-Duplex construction
- Flows to 45 l/s
- Heads to 300m
- Handle temperatures from -40oC to 160oC depending on model
- Single and double mechanical seals available along with gland packing and water cooled gland packing
The EDUR range of multi-stage self priming centrifugal pumps can self prime on suction lifts up to 7.5 metres, and deliver heads to 160m. These self priming pumps are also available in a variety of materials (Cast Iron, All Bronze, All Stainless Steel) enabling them to pump corrosive fluids including seawater.
These Grey Water Pumps can be close or long-coupled.
- Self Priming to 7.5 metres
- All Iron, All Bronze and All Stainless Steel construction
- Flows to 80 l/s
- Heads to 160m
- Handle temperatures from -40oC to 90oC depending on model
- Single and double mechanical seals available
The Gorman-Rupp Super U Series self priming dewatering and grey water pumps combines the best features of quality trash pumps in Australia with increased fuel efficiency and higher heads to pump through smaller and/or longer discharge piping systems or overcome the losses in filter systems.
These centrifugal pumps have been designed for economical, heavy duty (24/7) trouble-free operation.
- Ability to mount high and dry above the water (not in it)(to 7.6m)
- Low cost of ownership
- Greatly reduced OH&S issues
- Easy access for monitoring or service
- Advanced safety features to protect operators
- Improved maintenance features to greatly reduce maintenance time and costs, with removable rotating assembly
- A variety of materials of construction to handle abrasive and/or corrosive fluids
- Any engine brand required by the customer
- Choice of skid or trailer mounted configuration
The Echo-Storm benefits::
- No cranes or row boats for maintenance
- Easily accessed
- Less downtime
- Reliable and easy to maintain
- Easily scalable and low cost of ownership
- Thorough mixing – no dead spots
- High SOTR (Standard Oxygen Transfer rate)
These aeration units are used in conjunction with Gorman Rupp self-priming centrifugal pumps to deliver solutions for the following applications:
- Lagoon and basin wastewater aeration
- Oxidation ditch aeration
- Lake destratification and algae control
- Odour control
- Sludge digestion
- Septage treatment
The EDUR PBU multiphase pump is a single-stage peripheral centrifugal pump with the unique capability of being able to pump a liquid/gas mixture. The centrifugal pump is constructed of stainless steel, so may be used to handle a variety of liquids. Air, Oxygen, Carbon Dioxide and Ozone gases can be introduced into the suction line and transported and used to mix or disperse the gases. This makes the pump ideal for DAF plants, where the multiphase pumps provide the task of air saturation without the use of compressed air (no compressor, air saturation tank or associated controls).
- Liquid flows to 1 l/s
- Gas content up to 15%
- Stainless steel construction
- Completely replace the “old” DAF system with a single pump
The EDUR range of Stainless Bloc close-coupled centrifugal pumps are ideal for transporting corrosive fluids. Motors are either 2 pole or 4 pole, with IP55 enclosures, and insulation class F.
- Full stainless steel construction
- Flows to 60 l/s
- Heads to 90m
- Handle temperatures from -20oC to 110oC depending on model
- Handle viscosity to 115 cSt
- Handle solids content to 15%
- Handle solids to 40mm depending on the model of centrifugal pump
- Single and double mechanical seals available